||Email to a Friend
|Technical Director - Infrastructure ()
||Technical Director - Infrastructure
||Engineer - Civil
||Regular Full Time
O'Brien & Gere, a Top 50 Design Firm, is currently seeking a strategically minded Infrastructure Engineer to join the team as Technical Director. Based in the Mid Atlantic region, you would be the leading force to expand our currently successful practice. In this role you will provide marketing assistance and technical guidance for complex or unique assignments related to the infrastructure market with particular emphasis on rehabilitation and the application of trenchless technologies. You will be responsible for applying diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices for the purpose of planning and design activities; communicates regularly with clients and independently makes decisions on significant design engineering problems or methods.
The successful Technical Director will be an integral part of the following tasks:
- Assist with developing Infrastructure project proposals
- Be a key part of presenting for identified project specific pursuits
- Present technical papers at national and regional conferences
- Assist in understanding and developing the infrastructure rehabilitation market on a national level.
- Serve as project technical manager on infrastructure rehabilitation projects
- Quality review of technical aspect of infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
- Attend (travel) project progress meetings. Take ownership of project assignments, and maintain face time with clients
- Administer/assist in personnel mentoring, QA/QC , and training programs related to infrastructure evaluation and rehabilitation design
|Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree (Civil or related) minimum
- Minimum 15 years relevant experience, with 12+ years of relative infrastructure evaluation and rehabilitation experience
- PE License is a plus
- Skills and Abilities:
- Good Interpersonal and Communication skills
- Demonstrated technical writing, good presentation skills and analytical skills
- Developing effective presentation materials for clients to communicate to their staffs and approval agencies
- Proven experience in the evaluation of water and sewer infrastructure
- Inflow/Infiltration Assessments
- Sewer System Evaluation Survey
- Water distribution system analysis
- Interpreting software modeling results
- Proven experience in the specification and design of water/sewer systems
- New Construction
- Rehabilitation design
- Application of trenchless technologies
- Defining Basis of Design criteria derived from field evaluation surveys
- Management of project quality, schedules, budgets
- Conducting QA/QC of project work
- Organizing and presenting technical data output in meaningful ways to clients and other project staff
||Commensurate with experience
||Email to a Friend
O'Brien & Gere is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
Questions about this position?
Alternatively, you may contact us at:
O'Brien & Gere Human Resources Division
We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, race, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Equal access to programs, services and employment is available to all persons. Should an applicant require reasonable accommodation with the application or the interview process, please notify the Human Resources Department.